A little while ago I was waiting in the carpool line to pick up my children from school. As always, #1 shows up first. A few minutes later #2 breathlessly jumps into the back with a familiar question on her lips,
#2: "Guess what Mom?"
(As a side note, they never really expect me to guess what. My husband has actually started guessing everytime the question is asked. 32? Pink? A bike? Your backpack? So far he has not guessed what.) But I digress...
She is standing in the back seat looking at me through the rear view window.
#2: "I gave Michael my phone number today and he's going to call me tonight at 5:00!!!"
Me: "Why don't you just talk at school? Why is he going to call?"
#2: "I guess to declare his love."
3 comments:
And why shouldn't he? Such an important declaration certainly deserves a forum all it's own. A regular every school playground could never do.
I love it when you share the things your kids say. It is the kind of things my kids are always saying and I never write down or remember.
That is mature romantic talk. She must have learned at home.
Post a Comment