Saturday, October 12, 2013

FOURTEEN!

In August my oldest child turned 14!  Fourteen!  As in ten years plus four more!  Looking back I would never say that it "felt like yesterday" when he was born but it certainly doesn't feel like 14 years!

It does seem like yesterday though when he still looked "young."  Seemingly in a day I turned around and looked at him and he'd grown up.  His voice is lower.  He's only a couple inches shorter than me.  His eyebrows are bushy.  It's hard to describe in words the change other than to say he looks like a young man instead of the little boy I've been used to.

He has a great sense of humor and it takes me by surprise sometimes.  He loves reading books and watching action movies like The Avengers and the like.  He began an art class this semester and has a lot of talent drawing!  He just made the all-star team for flag football and is planning to participate in cross country and track as well.  He's in honors classes and assures me that his 2 "C's" (78.7 & 77.9) are actually "B's" although I'm still unimpressed.  He loves music with his favorite band being "Imagine Dragons."  Unfortunately because of the 2 C's his iPod has been confiscated.  (Insert very sad/mad face here).



This is a picture of him before his first dance.  His friend told him the dress code was "plaid shirts" of which I was dubious of course.  When he got home from the dance I asked what the other boys wore and he said "plaid shirts."  So I asked my friend who works in the stake young women and she said that it was a collared shirts for boys--which apparently they interpret to mean plaid shirts.  Boy are funny.


LK will be turning 13 in 2 weeks and she's following right behind her brother in growing up.  I wonder how all the growing up shows on me.

3 comments:

melissa said...

I'm amazed every time I see him how much older he seems all of the sudden. He's such a great kid!!

K8yerM8 said...

This cracks me up. Who knew the shirt would be so important! :) I am glad they go together! :)

Sweating in the endless heat said...

Life is just going by so fast!