Monday, February 7, 2011

SOMETHING IS ROTTEN IN THE STATE OF MY HOUSE

I walked into the kitchen about a week ago and gasped at the terrible awful horrible smell! I promptly went about trying to find the offense. I juiced all the citrus that had been in plastic bags in my laundry room, I sorted through all the onions, potatoes, and garlic, I cleaned out the refrigerator, and took out the garbage. But I could still smell it! What was it?

Then to my horror the stench followed me upstairs lingering in rooms and hallways. It wasn't until I sat down to read #3 a book that I found the source: her feet! Oh they were gross!!!

A couple months ago she picked out some of those cute boots that everyone seems to be wearing. She has been wearing them to school almost everyday--with or without socks I think the stink is permanently fixed in the faux-fur interior.

She took her boots off in our car yesterday and I was afraid we'd all die of asphyxia!

The boots need to go, unless any of you have some brilliant ideas.

Now whenever I see a girl wearing them I don't think about how cute they look but rather how much do her feet stink when she takes them off?

5 comments:

Robynne said...

Erin I totally understand that! My girls have a couple of pairs of shoes that do that as well, it is disgusting! I don't know what it is...a certain material or what, but certain ones just do that and it is so gross. I don't know how to fix it either...we put this foot odor powder stuff in their shoes and I try and always make them wear socks (which they still don't!) which both help, but don't solve the problem. My older daughter does seem to be outgrowing it now (or getting different shoes that don't do that!) but it's horrible - I feel your pain!

JLJ said...

Thank goodness you were able to find the source of the stink! I've had some bad experiences just trying to find what was stinking. As for the boots, thank goodness it's warming up and she'll probably stop wearing them.

Cheryl said...

Unfortunately, we have experienced this. I actually did find something. It was some sort of Dr. Scholle's thing. It was a spray that was specifically for foot order. It was fabulous. Unfortunately, the "spray" broke shortly after we bought it, so it didn't get as much use as we would have liked, but still... it did help significantly. Other than that, I would always stick baby powder in her shoes before she left and often to do a spot check on whether or not she was wearing socks--which she always said she was, but I would still make her take off her shoes and show me (after a few of these, she started really putting on socks).

Unknown said...

Good luck with stinky feet.

Lisa W said...

Oh, I feel your pain! We have a pair of stinky feet in our house but surprisingly they belong to our daughter and not our sons. We have found that it helps if she SCRUBS her feet every time she showers. And she HAS to wear socks. It seems that bare feet in canvas shoes is the stinkiest combination! I bought her some Peds socks. They cover the bottom of her feet but look like she is not wearing socks. It's a good compromise, according to all the noses in our house anyway!